Friday, December 19, 2008

The Human Pincushion

I'm now on my seventh day of Repronex injections and my second day of Cetrotide, some new hormone thangy the doctor put me on to lengthen my cycle for this round of IUI. I still have to take Repronex and Cetrotide injections every night until Monday, when I'll give myself an injection of Ovidrel to make me ovulate in time for the insemination Tuesday morning. 

I've gotten used to giving myself shots by now, but I'm still not used to having to do two injections instead of one. It's difficult to find two spots on my belly where I'm not going to mind having a big red, sore patch the next day -- especially since Snookums likes to kick me in the stomach while she's nursing. 

Hmmm . . . Maybe I should have called this post "The Human Punching Bag." 

3 comments:

Alison Wonderland said...

Um, I gotta say that none of this sounds very fun to me. Just an observation.

Oh and look, that's me on your blogroll. Thanks!

Goody 2 Shoes said...

Awwwwesooooome facelift, love the new look of the blog!

I wonder if doctors would make the process more fun if it were guys who had to bear the babies...

Cat said...

I know this isn't really the point of the post, but did you take the picture of the pin cushion? Because it's so cute. I'm a seamstress, so it caught my eye.